Community

The Corner Celebrate 2023 Black History Month in Style

By: Tatyanna Watts-Burke and Adewunmi Agunloye Hall B of the Wellesley Community Center Toronto was agog on Saturday 25, February 2023 as The Corner in partnership with 519, Support Enhances Access Service Center (Sease), Dixon Hall, and The Centre for Advancing the Interests of Black People and Regent Park TV organized an event in celebration […]

The Corner Celebrate 2023 Black History Month in Style Read More »

Senior’s Corner celebrates 10 years of exciting programming

Senior’s Corner celebrates 10 years of exciting programming A significant milestone was reached in    November 2022. We are proud of our accomplishments and looking forward to the next 10 years – taking the program to the next level. Thanks to all our partners, collaborators, funders and well wishers of the St. James Town Community for

Senior’s Corner celebrates 10 years of exciting programming Read More »

Roberto Ventura, St. James Town Community resident, speaks about his New Year’s Resolution 

Roberto Ventura, who immigrated from El Salvador, is a resident of the St. James Town community. He spoke to us about his New Year’s resolutions for 2023.   My goal and New Year’s resolution in 2023 is to improve my knowledge of English language, my knowledge of the sewing machine and I am also interested in

Roberto Ventura, St. James Town Community resident, speaks about his New Year’s Resolution  Read More »

December 6th National Day of Remembrance 

Every year on December 6th, Central Neighbourhood House and SPN members host their annual event for the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women in honor of the 14 women that were murdered during the École Polytechnique massacre in 1989. This year’s virtual event, ‘Shaping our Future Through Allyship and Action: Exploring

December 6th National Day of Remembrance  Read More »