- Call for Vendors, Performers and Volunteers
- St Jamestown Awards
- Ways Community Groups and Agencies Can Participate
The annual St. James Town Festival (SJT-Festival) is a celebration that showcases our richly diverse community while helping residents connect and engage with one another and with the neighborhood. Every year, the SJT Festival features live performances by local talent, local food vendors, interactive information booths, and a range of activities for children, youth, adults and seniors.
The festival provides fun and enjoyment for young and old, fosters a greater sense of belonging, and allows residents to discover (what services are offered around them). It also gives the community a chance to meet local political representatives, businesses and service providers, and of course, each other. Over the many years, the St. James Town Festival has consistently been a vital meeting place and hub for the community.
Live local performances
Fun-filled children’s activities
Homemade food from around the world
Handcrafted goods from local residents
Awards ceremony recognizing exceptional community contributions
Do you have talents to showcase and share? We are looking for performers, vendors and volunteers!
How to Participate:
- Print and Fill out the electronic copy of application form found below
- Hand into the Corner at 200 Wellesley Street by July 27th! (Hard copies of the application are also available at the Corner)
The SJT Festival Awards aims to recognize exceptional contributions by community members and groups that have resulted in creating positive changes in the St James Town Community.
The 2018 Awards will recognize contributions made over the past year (June 2017 – June 2018).
A total of 9 awards and 2 scholarships will be given in the following categories:
SJT Change Makers: 6 Awards
Given to individuals who live in St. James Town and have made outstanding contribution to the community:
- Youth (16-25)
- Seniors (55+)
- Newcomers (in Canada for 5 or less years)
- Women (26-54)
- Men (26-54)
SJT Advocate Award: 1 Award
Given to an individual who lives in or outside of St James Town, and who has been an outstanding advocate for positive change in St James Town.
SJT Group Awards: 2 Awards
Given to groups that have made a significant contribution to developing the St James Town community/community members. Awards will be given in each of the following categories:
- Grassroots Organization – A Not-For-Profit group that does not have core funding.
- Local (small) Business – Operates in St James Town and/or has less than 10 employees
$500 each will be awarded to an individual under 25 years of age who will be attending a post-secondary education in September 2018. Awards will be given in each of the following categories:
- Individual who has made creative/artistic contributions in St James Town.
- Individual who has made a significant contribution to community engagement or leadership in St James Town.
Community members or organizations can nominate individuals or groups in each of the categories by completing the attached form. Each nomination must be made on a separate nomination form.
Submissions – Please send completed nomination forms by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org *subject line: “Award Nominations” or
- Drop off the forms at the St James Town Community Corner: 200 Wellesley Street East
Forms must be completed and returned by 4:30 PM on Friday, July 27, 2018.
As a collection of organizations who are passionate about the St. James Town community, we know that our annual festival, which captures the life and diversity of a “World Within A Block”, continues to be the cornerstone of community celebration and of bringing together a diversity of residents and community members during the summer. As such, we need your help in making this years festival a huge success!
We are asking interested groups to please donate towards our annual festival.
Promotion and Advertising.
- We also request your assistance with promotion for the festival within your organization! We also have a live facebook page, and invite your Communications teams to help us to promote the event on social media, through facebook, and twitter, utilizing the hashtag #sjtfest2018 https://www.facebook.com/events/186327798692238/
In Kind Supports (gifts, prizes, gift cards).
- If you are able to provide any gifts/prizes for the performers and day of raffles, please send us an email indicating how you would like to support the festival through gifts and/or prizes this year.
Promoting the Call Out for Performers, Vendors, Volunteers and more.
- We highly encourage program groups and participants to be involved this year!
Should you have any questions, or require more information, please contact any of the following people:
Sehr Athar (SPN Co-Chair) at (416) 324-4100, ext. 3320, email@example.com
Ronnie Sekulin (Festival Co-Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Deeksha Gupta (Festival Co-Chair) at email@example.com