The St. James Town Outreach Program (STOP) is a rapid access, intensive, short term geriatric case management program that supports adults 55 and over in Saint James Town (SJT), Moss Park and Regent Park. The program reaches out to seniors with complex mental health illnesses and those facing challenges related to poverty, social isolation, deterioration of physical health, risk of eviction, hoarding, infestation and more, improving their ability to safely maintain their wellness and housing.
STOP provides outreach, assessment, referrals and community based, one-to-one, short-term intensive case management services for seniors in the identified neighbourhoods. STOP connects people to support systems in their communities, eliminates barriers to service, establishes access to primary care, supports eviction prevention and reduces the risk of unnecessary visits to hospital emergency departments. Although STOP has a partnership with and typically supports individuals living in Toronto Community Housing buildings, STOP also supports those seniors living in buildings with private landlords in these neighbourhoods.
STOP Case Managers work collaboratively with a number of community partners to provide accessible, flexible, comprehensive and coordinated services including:
- Short-term intensive support (9-12 months)
- Drop In Case Management supports for Seniors at The Corner on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 5pm
- Referrals to primary care and liaisons to primary care services within the community through a partnership with ICHA (Inner City Health Associates)
- Financial advocacy and support navigating social assistance programs
- Eviction intervention and prevention
- Referrals to the community and service coordination
- Personal support worker service through a partnership with CNH (Central Neighborhood House)
For more information about referring to the program please call our Intake Worker, Cherril Biggs at 416-482-4103 x 316.