After School Programs for Children 4 years to 13 years old
- Homework Support Club: Daily homework support for children 6-13 years old
- Chess Club: Solve chess puzzles and play games. Learn new skills and strategies each week
- Math Makes Sense Program: Improve math skills and gain confidence though fun games and activities
- Arts & Crafts Programs: Budding young artists make unique arts and craft creations each week
- Story Time & Crafts: Children enjoy listening to stories and make a simple craft each week
- Intro to Guitar: Learn the basics of guitar in a group class
- Break Dance Workshop: Learn the basics of this urban street dance style in a friendly non-competitive environment
- Youth Visual Arts Workshop: Learn about contemporary street art, paint murals and participate in hands-on activities and field trips
- Story Time &Games: Children enjoy listening to stories and participate in play activities that incorporate movement and sound
- Creative Writing Workshop for Youth: Through writing exercises, readings and discussion, youth explore their creativity and imagination through sharing poems and short stories
- English Conversation: A great course for people who want to practice speaking English and be able to communicate with others
- English Grammar: The course covers grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. All the materials are provided.
- English Conversation Circle for Chinese Seniors: Designed for seniors, this event allows you to practice your conversation skills.
- French for Beginners for Adults: Teens & adults welcome to learned the basic French conversation and grammar
- Spanish for Intermediate: Have you completed our beginners Spanish, if so then you are ready for our intermediate level Spanish
- Basic Computer Training: Learn Microsoft word, excel & power point, saving documents and much more
- Citizenship Workshops/Settlement service: For those new to Canada, assistance with employment, education, citizenship and more
- Investing in Families: (For clients on OW, only.) Families in St James Town (M4X) who want access to recreation but cannot afford it can get funding for programs, equipment, clothing and transportation for their children (waiting list)
- Toronto Community Housing Corp: Support with housing issues for those facing eviction or other landlord/ tenant issues
Physical Exercise & Social Groups
- Seniors Day Programming (55+): Socialize, learn about & be connected to physical and or mental health resources & services
- Yoga : Yoga is a great way to help with overall health and helps with depression, mental alertness, energy and overall fitness
- Men‘s Circle: New to Canada? Do you have ideas to improve our community? This group brings men together to share experiences
- Family Doctor Clinic: Call prior to visit for availability
- Dental Service Support: Assessment available to determine if free services or geared to income programs can benefit clients.
- Diabetes Clinic & Screening: Individual appointment with certified diabetes educators to learn about managing your diabetes
- Healthy Living Workshop: To provide diabetes education service for people living with diabetes.
Counselling Services and Support
- Counselling: One to one appointments with a counsellor who can provide mental health support.
- Substance Abuse Support Group: Double recovery program is a self-help meeting that supports people living with substance abuse
- Newcomer Health Workshop Series: Join the newcomer health workshop series to learn more about Ontario’s Health Care System
- Counselling & Legal Support for Women: General support for women who need counselling and legal assistance
- Wellness Information provided in Tamil & English: Support for those seeking answers to health and wellness issues
- Employment Service: Employment search support. Help with cover letters, resumes, job search and interview preparation
- Dinner Parties / Holiday events
- Movie Night: (every Friday evening @ 5:30 – 7:30) popcorn and blockbuster movie
- Pet Food Bank: Pet food available if you cannot afford to buy it on your own (Second Thursday each month)
- Social Media: Learn helpful tips to using social media for job search, information and other activities
- Fundraising Events: BBQ and street festivals are planned to help raise funds to support the St. Jamestown community